General StatIM Preventative Maintenance:
Preventative Maintenance Schedule To ensure trouble-free performance, both the operator and the dealer must follow a preventative maintenance schedule.
NOTE: Please refer to your National, Regional, State or Safety laws for any additional reoccurring user testing that may be required.
|Water Reservoir||• Replace water as needed.
• For opthalmic use, drain at the end of every workday, leave empty, and refill at the start of the next workday.
|Waste Bottle||• Empty the waste bottle every time you refill the water reservoir.
• Fill the bottle with water, up to the MIN line marking. You may also add some chlorine-free disinfectant.
|Cassette||• Wash the interior of the cassette with dishwashing soap or a mild detergent that does not contain chlorine.
• Scrub the inside with a cleaning pad designed for use with Teflon™-coated surfaces.
• After removing all traces of the detergent, treat interior surfaces of the cassette with the STAT-DRI™Plus drying agent to enhance the drying process. Order more STAT-DRI™ Plus from your dealer quoting 2OZPLUS, 8OZPLUST, or 32OZPLUS
|Biological and/or Air Filter||• Check the filter for dirt and moisture. Replace if dirty. Call for service if wet.|
|Water Filter||• Check the water reservoir filter every week and clean if necessary. Replace only if necessary.|
Every 6 months
|Cassette Seal||• Replace every 500 cycles or six months (whichever is first), or whenever necessary. Video: How to change the cassette seal|
|Biological and/or Air Filter||• Replace every 500 cycles or six months (whichever is first).|
Once a year
|Cassette||• Check the tray, lid and seal for damage. Replace if necessary.|
|Biological Filter||• Inspect the biological filter for moisture.|
|Solenoid Valve||• Inspect the valve and clean if dirty. Replace the plunger if defective.|
|Pump||• Clean the filters, replace if dirty.|
|Check Valve||• Remove the exhaust tube from the back of the unit during the air drying phase. Check for air coming from the fitting.
• Remove the air compressor tube from the check valve inlet while running a cycle. Make sure no steam is leaking from the valve. Replace if there are any leaks.
|Water Reservoir||• Check the reservoir for dirt. Clean and rinse with steam process distilled water if necessary.|
|Calibration||• Calibrate the unit.|
Replace water as needed.
For ophthalmic use, drain at the end of every workday, leave empty, and refill at the start of the next workday.
Empty the waste bottle every time you refill the water reservoir.
Fill the bottle with water, up to the MIN line marking. Get a new waste bottle or parts, such as tubing or the top fixture.
You may also add some chlorine-free disinfectant to deodorize the exhaust water.
Wash the interior of the cassette with dishwashing soap or a mild detergent that does not contain chlorine.
Scrub the inside with a cleaning pad designed for use with Teflon®-coated surfaces.
Additional STAT-DRI Plus can be ordered in our shop
Water Reservoir Filter:
Check the water reservoir filter every week and clean if necessary. Replace Filter only if necessary.
IMPORTANT UPGRADE: Get a new cap and water filter kit if your STATIM does not have one.
Replace every 500 cycles or six months (whichever is first). Get a new biological filter.
Call for service if wet.
Replace every 500 cycles or six months (whichever is first). Get a new air filter.
Replace every 500 cycles or six months (whichever is first), or whenever necessary. Get a new cassette seal.
Maintaining Fluid Levels
Unless you are using the SciCan Water Filter (SCWF1 Water Filter Cartridge), that allows the use of tap water[NO LONGER AVAILABLE], you should only use steam-process distilled water containing less than 5 ppm total dissolved solids (having conductivity of less than 10 μS / cm) in the Statim. Each time you refill the reservoir, empty the waste bottle. Empty the waste bottle often to avoid unpleasant odors and discoloration of the contents. (A low-level chlorine-free disinfectant, prepared according to the manufacturer’s instructions, may be added to the waste bottle to remedy this situation). The condenser bottle should be cleaned and refilled to the MAX line on a weekly basis.
Changing The Water Filter
If you are using the SciCan Water Filter, it will need to be changed regularly to ensure clean water is entering the internal components of the unit. When the water filter cartridge is close to being exhausted, a message will be displayed when a cycle is selected and an audible tone reminds you to order or replace the filter. This message will appear for approximately two seconds and then disappear, and then the chosen cycle will start. This message will continue to appear every time a cycle is chosen until the water filter is replaced with a new filter. If the filter is not replaced and has been 100% used, the unit will not operate until a new filter is installed.The water filter has a shelf life and should be used prior to the expiry date inscribed on each filter.
When installed, the water filter has a maximum life of 60 days, depending on the quality of the tap water. The unit will notify you prior to the expiry or exhaustion of the filter.
The water filter can be found under the removable water reservoir.
To replace this filter, follow these steps:
- Press the STOP button twice.
- Remove the water reservoir.
- Remove the used water filter and discard.
- Remove the water filter from its packaging.
- Insert the new water filter. The water filter should be placed flat on the bottom, with the tabs on the water filter facing upwards, and then pushed inward until the filter is fully seated along the bottom of the unit.
- Replace the water reservoir.
At the beginning of the next cycle, the unit will prepare the new filter for about 2 minutes and display the message PLEASE WAIT.
The factory default setting is for the unit to work with a water filter installed. If you choose to use steam process distilled water instead of tap water, you can install the Water ByPass Cartridge (SCWFBP) and set up the unit to work accordingly.
To set up the unit to work with the Water ByPass Cartridge, follow these steps:
- Remove the water reservoir and water filter as described previously and replace with the Water ByPass Cartridge.
- Enter the User Menu (see section 3.4 of your manual) and select the WATER FILTER option when it is displayed on the first line.
- Using the WRAPPED(down) & UNWRAPPED(up) buttons, choose NOT INSTALLED, then press RUBBER & PLASTICS.
- Exit the user menu by pressing STOP.
To use the SciCan Water Filter Cartridge, you will need to enter the user menu and choose INSTALLED under the WATER FILTER option.