STATDRI Plus Drying / Rinse Agent
- Use Stat-Dri Plus to protect the interior of your STATIM cassette and to shorten your drying time.
- Use Stat-Dri Plus as a rinse aid in your HYDRIM instrument washer for spotless instruments and faster drying.
For faster drying and seal lubrication coat the STATIM Cassette:
After cleaning and drying the cassette, treat the interior surfaces with STAT-DRI Plus.
Add to the rinse aid dispenser on your HYDRIM instrument washer for effective drying results. [MSDS]
Stat-Dri Use Protocol
3.9 Preparing Unit for Use
Once the unit is installed and before any instruments are sterilized, run two Wrapped Cycles (see Section 4.8 Statim 2000 - Running a Cycle and 4.10 Statim 5000 - Running a Cycle). Remove the cassette once it has cooled. Clean the top (lid) and bottom (tray) sections using a soft cloth to wipe the inside surfaces and then rinse thoroughly with tap water. Once the cassette is clean and dry, coat the inside surfaces with STAT-DRI.
Treatment of the interior surfaces of the cassette with the STAT-DRI drying agent, provided with your unit, will enhance the drying process. (Replacement bottles are available from SciCan, order number 2OZPLUS, 8OZPLUST, 32OZPLUS).
4.3 Statim 5000 — STAT-DRI Plates
The Statim 5000 cassette uses STAT-DRI plates to enhance the drying process for wrapped instruments. The adjustable plates are designed for the unwrapped instruments rack and eliminate the need for a separate wrapped instrument rack. Up to ten plates can be arranged along the length of the rack. Each unit is shipped with five STAT-DRI plates. Additional plates may be ordered from SciCan (SciCan part number 01-103935).
To install and adjust a STAT-DRI plate, follow these steps:
- Hold a plate over the desired position, tilted slightly forward with the tabs down.
- Insert the tabs between the mesh of the unwrapped instrument rack.
- Each tab has an elongated slot. Slide the plate until the wire is at the end of each slot.
- Release the plate to the resting position.
- Prepare and load instruments for sterilization.
5.1 Cleaning the Cassette
Keeping the Statim cassette clean is good clinical practice and assists in the function of the unit. SciCan recommends that the interior surface be cleaned at least once a week. Use dishwashing soap or a mild detergent that does not contain chlorine. Scrub the inside of the cassette with a cleaning pad designed for use with Teflon™ coated surfaces. After scouring, rinse thoroughly with water to remove all traces of the detergent. Cleaning the inside of your cassette is very important if you regularly sterilize lubricated instruments. Coating the entire inside surface with STAT-DRI / STAT-DRI PLUS drying agent induces water to form an even coat on the inside surface, without beading. The water in contact with the hot cassette surfaces also evaporates much more efficiently. Spotting is minimized and instruments dry much better. STAT-DRI / STAT-DRI PLUS should be applied every 10 cycles, and after every cassette cleaning.
Stat-Dri vs. Jet-Dry
Stat-Dri Plus is specially formulated to protect stainless steel instruments. All microbiological sterilization efficacy testing has been done using Stat-Dri. We have not conducted such tests using Jet-Dry, and therefore cannot provide any data to support using any Jet-Dry products as an alternative.
Keep in mind there are several flavours of Jet-Dry on the market, including Jet-Dry with baking soda, Jet-Dry Turbo-Dry, etc. all of which have slightly different chemical composition. As a result, customers who choose to use Jet-Dry instead of Stat-Dri do so at their 'own risk'.
Buy from us with confidence.
We are an authorized SciCan dealer with over 20 years experience.
- All new equipment is SciCan factory direct with a full one year warranty
- Factory Refurbished equipment is usually available upon request, with up to a full year warranty
- Financing is available as low as $150 a month
- Promotions available
- Don’t see what you are looking for? Contact us for parts not listed