OPTIM 33TB ONE STEP Disinfectant Cleaner
- 60 sec. bactericidal & virucidal – REALISTIC contact time increases the likelihood of proper usage
- A cleaner & disinfectant in one
Staff & Patient Friendly
- Almost all disinfectants have irritating chemical smell. OPTIM 33TB has no strong chemical odor. No lingering alcohol smell.
- Unique designs of wipes – remain wet & do not dry out; durable & lint free
Superior Safety Profile
- Non-flammable – not alcohol based
- Health = 0; Reactivity = 0; Flammability = 0
- Non-irritating to skin & eyes
- No active residue left on surface – does not contribute to development of microbial resistance
Superior Environmental Profile
- EPA Cat. IV – the lowest toxicity category assigned by U.S. EPA
- Hydrogen peroxide biodegrades into Oxygen & Water when discharged into sewage system
Utilizing Accelerated Hydrogen Peroxide (AHP), a revolutionary disinfectant technology, OPTIM 33TB is an EPA registered disinfectant cleaner with a difference.
The OPTIM Advantage: A disinfectant with the perfect balance between safety & efficacy.
How safe is OPTIM 33TB?
Based on the EPA toxicity categorization of antimicrobial products that ranges from Category I (high toxicity) down to Category IV, OPTIM 33TB has the lowest toxicity category assigned of which precautionary warning label is not required.
This compares with Category II / III warning / caution statements for most leading brands of antimicrobial products.
EPA Toxicity Category
Single Word Required
Quats + Low % Alcohol
Quats + High % Alcohol
Common Active Ingredient & AHP
QUAT(s) – Alcohols
AHP OPTIM 33TB)
|Highly toxic (o-phenylphenol recognized to cause cancer in the state of California – Preposition 65)||Contain hazardous ingredients||EPA Toxicity Level 4 – no warnings required|
|Irritating to eyes & skin||May cause dry skin & eyes and skin irritation||Non-irritant|
|May contain hormone disrupting agents||Contribute to poor indoor air quality (VOC’s)||No noxious fumes & fragrance free|
|Combustible||Volatile, flammable and must be stored in well-ventilated area||Classified as non-hazardous and non-flammable|
|Poor biodegradability||No waste treatment required, biodegradable|
|Long contact times (e.g. 10 minutes)||Alcohol presence allows for relatively short contact times||Short contact times (1 minute virucidal & bactericidal, 5 minutes TB claim)|
Precautionary statements examples
|“DANGER”, “severely irritating to eyes & skin, combustible”, “hazard to humans and domestic animals”, “corrosive, causes irreversible eye damage”||“CAUTION”, “hazard to humans & domestic animals”, “causes eye irritation”, “probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage”, “flammable”||* EPA Toxicity Level 4 – no warnings required, except for the standard statement: “Keep out of reach of children”|
Active Ingredient %
|Up to 15%||QUAT-Alcohol: 10-25%, Alcohols: 60-80%||0.5% Hydrogen Peroxide|
OPTIM 33 TB microbiological effectiveness
|Poliovirus Type 1, HIV-1 Human Immunodeficiency virus (HIV), Strain HTLV-IIIB (HIV-1), Feline Calicivirus, as a surrogate for Norwalk and Norwalk-like viruses, Human Coronavirus, Influenza A, Strain Hong Kong, Herpes Simplex Virus, Type 1 (HSV-1), Herpes Simplex Virus, Type 2 (HSV-2), Rhinovirus Type 37, Strain 151-1, Rotavirus, Strain WA, Hepatitis C Virus (HCV)||1 Minute|
|Pseudomonas aeruginosa , Staphylococcus aureus, Salmonella choleraesuis, Echerichia coli 0157:H7, MRSA, Enterococcus faecalis VRE, Acinetobacter baumanii||1 Minute|
|Mycobacterium bovis||5 Minutes|
Broad – spectrum sanitizing
|Klebsiella pneumoniae , Salmonella choleraesuis, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Staphylococcus aureus, MRSA, VRE, Echerichia coli 0157:H7||30 seconds (at 20°C)|
- Why OPTIM?
- OPTIM –Personal Health and Safety Profile
- Areas of Use in the Medical Practice
- Optim’s AHP Technology – Recognized in North America
In every medical practice, the prevention of infectious disease represents a constant challenge. One such significant risk exists when environmental surfaces are not properly maintained, thereby creating a potential reservoir for pathogens. OPTIM 33 TB One-Step Disinfectant Cleaner offers the optimal infection control choice that helps you maintain a clean and safer working environment.
OPTIM 33 TB is formulated with AHP®*, a globally patented technology. In terms of disinfectant active ingredients, AHP is the 1st new disinfectant technology in 20 years, of among over 8,000 EPA registered disinfecting products. The active ingredient – 0.5% Accelerated Hydrogen Peroxide – is a synergistic blend of commonly used, safe ingredients that, when combined with low levels of hydrogen peroxide, produces exceptional potency as a germicide and performance as a cleaner. These claims are all backed with governmental registrations and extensive third party analysis. Furthermore, AHP contains only those ingredients listed on the U.S.A. inert ingredients listings and the FDA GRAS listing (Generally Regarded As Safe), which contribute to an unsurpassed health, safety and environmental profile.
The Importance of Viruses
Today’s world is full of challenging viruses and bacteria. In the last 30 years, 30 new diseases have been diagnosed, one per year. Did you know that non-enveloped viruses such as Norwalk-like viruses (Feline Calicivirus), Poliovirus and even a common-cold virus (Rhinovirus) are resistant to many surface disinfectants? These viruses are far less susceptible to disinfectants at their in use dilutions than the easier to kill enveloped viruses (such as Influenza A, HIV, Herpes Simplex, Hepatitis B, etc.). The ability to kill non-enveloped viruses in reasonable contact times is relevant and important in all industries. OPTIM 33 TB kills them in 1 minute!
OPTIM – Fast & Effective!
- 1 Minute Virucidal claim against non-enveloped and enveloped viruses!
- 1 Minute Bactericidal claim!
- 30 Second Sanitizer – 99.9% broad-spectrum kill (>3 log reduction) of vegetative bacteria!
Why OPTIM 33 TB?
- Shorter Contact Times
- Effective against Broader Spectrum of Organisms
- Exceptional Cleaning Capabilities
- Safer to use
- Environmentally responsible
OPTIM – Personal Health & Safety Profile:
- Non-Irritating to eyes and skin
- No VOC’s (Volatile Organic Compounds) in the air
- Biodegradable, No waste treatment required
- Non Flammable
- Alcohol, Phenol, Chlorine, QUATs-free
Areas of use in the Medical Practice:
Optim 33 TB is specifically formulated for cleaning and disinfection of hard, non-porous environmental surfaces and non-critical medical devices and equipment including:
- Vinyl & Naugahyde
- Painted & plastic surfaces
- Glazed ceramic & glazed porcelain
- Chrome & stainless steel
- Laminated surfaces and baked enamel surfaces associated with tables, chairs, countertops, telephones, glazed tile, and sinks,
- Medical equipment surfaces such as EMS equipment, examination room fixtures, oxygen hoods, respiratory therapy and anesthesia equipment, laboratory equipment and surfaces, etc. found in health care facilities.
- No drying / cracking of surfaces
- Does not evaporate quickly like alcohol-based formulas, thereby ensuring compliance with contact times
- Cleaning & disinfection in one solution
- Exceptional cleaning results – means disinfection is more likely to occur
- Safer & environmentally responsible
OPTIM’s AHP Technology widely recognized in North America:
- EPA Registered (No. 74559-1-83259)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) in Atlanta recommends AHP vessel decontamination for cruise lines. CDC Guidelines , December 13 th , 2002
- Ontario Ministry of Health recommends AHP for EMS (Emergency Medical Services) in response to SARS. March 27 th , 2003
- International Teleclass Series on Norwalk Virus. Dr. Gardam Toronto General Hospital “AHP recommended” throughout.
- Most hospitals in Canada now use AHP-based infection control products.
- OPTIM is a leading disinfectant in dental offices in Canada.
2 thoughts on “OPTIM 1 and Optim 33TB cleaner & disinfectant”
Comments are closed.